Sunday, October 17

I Get It!

Every once in a while I check out the blogs on my reads list and even look for some new ones, and it cracks me up when someone writes about hating a certain project, or a project disliking them. I didn't get it, but now I do. The newest addition to my WIP list is the Broad Street Mittens from Knitty. I am probably not nearly experienced enough to make it through them, but I decided to jump right in. They're making me NUTS!!! First of all this is the first thing I've knit with a needle under an 8. The 2's are sooo tiny, and it uses sock weight yarn which is also a first for me. Together they make me feel like my fat fingers are trying to use a dolls knitting set. I've started them 3 times already (which isn't THAT many, but it feels like it). I think this is it though...knock on wood. I'm really excited to see how they turn out, if we can just get along long enough for me to finish them. So far I'm 3 rows in...

My fun fur scarf is my easy project, simple stockinette on 11's. My boyfriend asked me how many scarves I really need. I don't know...I just can't give them away, they're too pretty! I'm thinking of making a bunch of scarves for my family's Christmas Eve party and just letting people take one if they want, but 1. I don't know how many to make and 2. I don't want to get attatched to one and then get all upset if someone wants it lol. We'll see what happens.

And in other crafting news, my cross-stitch is still AWOL. If anyone knows where it is, please email me. It'll be the not even halfway done cottage looking lonely in it's gallon size Ziploc :)

1 comment:

  1. Gotta say, I LOVE your blog! I'm a KU-flunk-out from long ago...there's just TOO much to do in Lawrence! Now I'm older, but not much wiser and going back to grad school in Jan.

    I laughed at your scarf-trauma! I also am a scarf junkie...and thought how great it'd be to make a bunch of scarves for Xmas and let my girlfriends & sister-in-laws each choose one for their presents, but I DON'T WANNA LET GO OF THEM! :)

    Hang in there on the size 2 needles...I'm re-trying a tank top w/size 3's and I'm going INSANE!

    Knitting Virgin (http://treasuregoddesschic.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete