Friday, May 20

Freedom

It's over!! Let's just take a moment to let that sink in.

Woohoo. I made it through finals. I'm still waiting for grades to come in, but there's nothing I can do now, so it really doesn't matter much. Thanks for all your support girls. Bloggy friends are the BEST! :)

I have big plans for my first day of freedom. I woke up at 9 (I must be getting old cause I just can't force myself to sleep in like I used to) and had a nice hour long talk with my mom on the phone. Poor thing is so lonely. She's doing really well by the way. She was kinda freaked out because the insurance sent her something saying she owed like $10,000 for her hospital stay, but she called them and it was a mix up. Gotta love insurance companies! Anyway, she's pretty much back to normal after her surgeries and all. They've pretty much decided that treatments won't work for her, so she just has fun tests every 3 months so they can catch anything early. So now I'm about to eat some "breakfast" and then I'll be sitting on my butt all day. There might even be some knitting. It's too hot to do anything anyway, it was 90 yesterday. I have way too much natural insulation to enjoy that much heat. Unless I had a pool to sit by. Ahh summer.

Still nothing exciting to report on the job front. I applied to a day care Monday, and she swore she'd call me either way once she got through the other apps, but no word yet. The bank Jaime goes to for work has a couple openings so he's turning in my application today. Hopefully his friends at the bank can put in a good word for me. But since my car is being fixed, I won't be able to work for at least a week anyway. Some meanie backed into my car in all the Polski Day excitement. I don't think I ever reported back on Polski Day. It was SO MUCH FUN! The older I get the more I appreciate Kansas City, KS. We started out hanging in the bar my dad goes to a lot. It was pretty fun, everyone is so nice. And of course my dad brags about me all the time so they have all heard of me. Then there was a great little parade. Every bar along the street had a "float" which is so funny. When one of the rival bars went by, they flipped us off lol. I even got some beads. So after that we went inside for a while more to wait for the Polish sausages. Yum! Up until the car thing it was a really good day. And my car will be all better soon. I can't wait for Polski Day next year :)

I hope everyone else is having a great day!!


0 comments:







Post a Comment