Saturday, September 3

The Kindness Of Strangers

This post has been a long time in the making. But I'm lazy, what can I say? In the past month or so, I've seen how great people I don't know at all can be. For instance, this great giftie from my AKSP.



I know I waited a bit too long to post this, as I already have another gift from her to tell about. Here we have my tropical themed package. It includes a book, bookmark, and designated pool bag just waiting and hoping for another hot day when Vicki isn't too busy to get in one more swim. Love me some good trashy poolside reading! It also has some of the best smelling soap, lotion and candle ever. Yum! And of course some sweets.

Not long after getting my SP package, I got some beautiful stitch markers from my swap pals.



Which reminds me, I better get cracking on the markers for this months swap.

And of course just a couple days ago I got the best early birthday present EVER from my AKSP. I got four back issues of IK, one of which being the previous crochet issue which I can't wait to explore. And I got a little note saying my NEW SUBSCRIPTION will start soon! I'm so excited! I've been meaning to subscribe for forever but I never have the money or think of it. Thanks SP!!

But one of the most amazing things I have been sent recently has been my wallet. Remember way back when when I lost it? And I hoped that some karma would come into play and it'd be returned to me. Well it was!! I got a package a few weeks later (long enough that I'd pretty much given up on getting it back) from South Dakota. I didn't recognize the name at all and couldn't figure out what it could be. Sure enough, some amazing person found my wallet while on vacation here in KC. She couldn't get ahold of my phone number or address for anything (NOTE TO SELF: Put phone number in wallet!!!) and the police wouldn't help. So she had to wait until she got home to mail it back to me. I get a warm feeling just thinking about it. She went through all that trouble for someone she'd never met. There are good people out there. It's hard to remember it when so many bad things happen, but they're out there.

I started this post a week ago, before any of the tragic events on the coast. Now of course we again are reminded of the kindness of strangers. Although there are plenty of people doing horrific things down there, and that's mostly what we hear of on the news, there are many many more trying their best to help out. I know that I will never be able to really understand what the people are going through in New Orleans and all the places around there, but it makes me feel better to know that There is good in the world.

Up next: A tour of the new apartment and an update on the sock that will be my demise. Also, coming soon, Vicki turns the big 2-1!!!


0 comments:







Post a Comment