Thursday, November 17

Field Trip!

I'm so excited! I just got back from volunteering at the elementary school across the street. I found out that I get to go along on their field trip to Science City next month. Yaay! Ok, so I'm a little intimidated too. I have never been on this side of a field trip before. But I'm sure it'll be great and fun. I love these kids. Volunteering there has sorta made me want to be a teacher...REALLY BAD. Before I started college that was definitely a possibility I was considering, but as terrible as it is I think that my parents may have somewhat talked me out of it. I'll admit I'm kinda spoiled, but I'm really not looking to be rich. That is the farthest thing from my mind. I do love accounting as weird as that is. Ugh! I wish I had 4 lifetimes so I could be everything I'd love to be. I've been placating myself saying that I can volunteer with children and still not have that as my career. But seeing my favorite teacher ever is just really inspiring I guess.

There has been knitting here. The Christmas rush has begun (at least I didn't wait till the very last minute) so I'll have plenty to keep me busy. I joined a holiday kal hosted by the lovely Alison to help me keep on track. I have 6 items on my list, but 3 are for people close enough they won't mind a late gift, which helps. I also joined Lisa's Naked Stix by 06 kal to help me finish up some stuff. You know, like the clapotis that's been on the needles for MONTHS. Look at me go! I'll be updating the sidebar...sometime.

So here's my first holiday knit, a scarf for the teacher I help at the elementary school. She's been so good to me and I really want to thank her.



Isn't it pretty? Not to toot my own horn or anything. It's knit with some really soft Frog Tree Alpaca. Mmm, Vicki like alpaca. And I designed it myself from Knittting on the Edge and the first Barbara Walker book. The curling thing is worrying me, but I'm hoping a good block will help that and the lace to shine a bit more.

I've been working on my Kiri, but it looks exactly the same as last time. It's getting a bit S L O W. In July it seemed like I had forever until Christmas, but now I'm getting a bit worried.

I finished seaming up the baby sweater. My first decent seams, WOOHOO! Here's a cute picture of it.



Since I don't have a baby, or a friend with a baby, I don't have much use for this sweater though. I wanted a good practice of cables, which I feel pretty comfortable with now, and I figured it'd make a good Dulaan donation. So until I send it off, this is the only thing I can think of to do with it.



I must confess that this pose was actually Jaime's idea, but he refused to let me photograph him in it. Just try to picture it though. Haha.

So I have one more thing to show, but I'll save it for another day. I'm off to warm up some mozzarella sticks. MMmmm, the perks of having a boyfriend who works at Sonic. Have a great day!


0 comments:







Post a Comment