Tuesday, August 5

New Sock Parade - Part One


In my blogging absence I've finished a few pairs of socks. This is the most recent, I'll work my way back in time in the next few posts.

Details*:
May 2008 Rockin' Sock Club yarn and pattern
Cleopatra's Stockings by Yarnissima
Socks that Rock Lightweight in The Incredible Shrinking Violet
Ravelry Project Page

mods: none

For the first sock, I added some stitched to accomodate my wide feet. After binding off, I realized that not only were the mods unnecessary, but I had also made the foot too long. I couldn't bare to rip yet, so knit the second sock to be sure I could make it with no mods (I don't trust sock patterns; see my above comment re: wide feet). They were PERFECT, so then I got two knit sock 1 again. I didn't know if I'd make it, but I managed to finish. It helped to have Ravelympics and the next club shipment coming up.

So, they fit wonderfully with no changes at all. I even managed to knit a decent sized cuff. (I usually go for anklets or short cuffs as my calves are pretty wide as well.) The yarn is fab, the socks are lovely. I'm a happy sock knitter!

* I'm a rabid Ravelry-er, so many links point to Ravelry. This is your fair warning. If you aren't a member, sign up already!!


0 comments:







Post a Comment