Saturday, January 15

I think I've read more in the past week than all of last year. I finished of The Curious Incident... and it was sooo good. I only started it two days ago and though it wasn't too long that's still pretty good for me. I'm really not that fast a reader. I definitely recommend this book. It's so different than other books I've read. The "mystery" was solved about half way through and I wasn't sure where it'd go from there but I wasn't disappointed.

I just wanted to say a public thanks to my wonderful AKSP. So far she's sent me a very sweet card and a really cute folder of cross-stitch patterns. It's so fun to never know when I'll get a nice giftie in the mail. I LOVE getting mail, it's kinda pathetic really. I even get excited by bills lol.

Well, maybe I'll get back to knitting now. The countdown to $$ continues, 3 days and counting... :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:13 AM

    I used to read all the time. Since I stared knitting...I never do anymore. I should make time for a little bit of reading here & there. Knitting is obssessive!!!

    Eilene
    http://eiknit.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:42 PM

    I read The Curious Incident... last year, and loved it too. It really is a quick, addictive read - I was through it in a couple days as well, reading up into the wee hours of the night.

    You should join K1R2! www.knitonereadtoo.com - The book for February is The Curious Incident... so you'll be set for next month. I think it'll be loads of fun. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to participate this month, as the discussion starts Jan 31st and my library hasn't gotten me the book yet - but we'll see. :)

    -Sandy J
    http://www.burnt-orange.org/weblog

    ReplyDelete