Tuesday, February 7

Hello, Hello!

Another week (or so). School is going well but still keeping me busy. The nerve! I've been getting back into knitting a bit more, a trip to the yarn shop really helps with that. In fact, I'm planning on getting back into it hardcore soon as I'm signed up for the infamous Knitting Olympics and just received my supplies yesterday. I'll be attempting some fair isle. I'm a bit scared really. But what the heck! The kit I'm using is this one



which can be found here. But of course I'm making it in pink and white.

As a bit of a side note, I think my obsession with pink may be reaching a scary stage. I don't want to talk about how many pink items I've purchased in the past couple weeks, many of which have been cases to house electronics (glorified cozies which they seem to make for EVERYTHING now). Can there be too much pink? Is it bad when the only non-pink items I own are mostly because I FORCE myself to pick something besides pink? These are some questions I ponder often.


In other news, Jaime and I went on a very special shopping trip yesterday. We visited a jewelry shop to look for "the ring." That place is DANGEROUS! The nice lady working there asks what I like. Then she starts putting rings on my little finger (chubby fingers, whatcha gonna do?). She doesn't show you the little tag on the back until you're already hooked. I was thisclose to begging for a $4300 ring. Hahahaha!! It was purty though. We found one a bit more reasonable which I love even more, but we're still going to have to do some creative financing to make it work. I'll keep you updated.

Oh, and I have the greatest package to show you! I got the first gift from my sp last weekend and it is great. Wanna see?



She obviously picked up on the pink thing huh? I can't tell you how many times I've eyed that exact yarn in the LYS. I think I've even picked out a pattern for it, the Potato Chip Scarf from Knit Picks. Yaay! That little pot is maybe even more heavenly, some honey and shea lip balm. YUM!!! Thanks so much SP, I love mail days like that :)

Have a great week all!


0 comments:







Post a Comment