Sunday, February 26

Olympic Project

So I mentioned in my last post that I may have picked the wrong project for these Knitting Olympics (too lazy to link, but it's in the sidebar for now). Yeah, I loved the yarn I got and really the stranded knitting wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, although I could still work on my tension. The problem, is that this is what I had exactly one week into the Olympics.



I got REALLY into knitting it needless to say. I would have had it done in probably 3 days or so but I had schoolwork and "life" to attend to. All joking aside, I'm terribly proud of it. I love the color and it matches my squiggle scarf (photos on my projects page) really well. In fact, I went to the doctor with my mom and everyone there was gushing over how amazing it looks. Of course, as I said, I'm not thrilled with my tensioning, but it fits. I'm definitely going to have to find some more stranded knitting to play around with.

Other than that I haven't been doing anything terribly fun. School has been nuts as I had 3 tests within a 24 hour period. I survived however and think I did fairly well. Only 3 weeks till spring break, woohoo! I'll be sitting on my butt and knitting, but I still can't wait.

As for the engagement, so far everyone has taken it really well and seems pretty happy for us. Strangely enough, my dad was the one who brought up the actual wedding, which for some reason I didn't connect to the engagement. So, being the person that I am, I've now started "thinking." We won't be getting married until at least fall of next year, which is what I'm pulling for, although Jaime seems to think that's too soon. But let's face it, he's gonna be freaked by the whole thing no matter when it happens. We've talked about a few things and we even got so far as to thinking about who all we'd invite. It's funny, we both figured that we weren't going to be able to think of many people to invite (who'd actually show up) and we'd have this tiny wedding, but we came up with over 100 to invite and over 80 who we think would really show up. Sakes! That's what big families can do for you. I'm not sure my dad knows what he's in for lol.

Thanks for all the sweet comments last post. Guess it takes a ring to bring out the lurkers, just teasing. It was nice to feel so loved. Hope you have a great evening and good luck to everyone trying to finish up something tonight :)


0 comments:







Post a Comment