Sunday, November 12

KMKS Questionnaire

Are you allergic to any fibers? Nope!

What are your favorite colors? Absolute fave is pink, but I'm pretty open to color. I'm not a huge fan of primaries or pastels.

Are you a new mitt knitter? How long have you been knitting mittens? I've knit gauntlets and fingerless gloves/mitts. I'm not too worried about being able to handle a mitt pattern though.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Uh, both? Depends on the pattern I guess. On something as small as mitts I definitely wouldn't mind a pretty handpaint.

What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn? Natural fibers, wool and the like. Not a big acrylic fan.

Where do you usually knit mittens? I do most of my knitting at home. A bit while waiting for classes or appointments.

How do you usually carry/store small projects? I have one little project bag (pink silky lantern moon beauty) other than that I use drawstring plastic bags from my lys. Sad, really.

What are your favorite mitten patterns? Don't really have any. Just got a book with some lovely two color patterned mittens that I'm drawn to. Cables are nice too. I'm not picky!

What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques? See above

What new techniques would you like to try? See above

What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens? Double points, probably bamboo although I don't mind metal either. No addi's though, we don't get along well.

What are some of your favorite yarns? HUGE cascade 220 fan. Love anything soft. Not a big fan of yarns that are sheddy (I'm looking at you Lamb's Pride!)

What yarn do you totally covet? Not sure it's mitt related, but the yarn I must have someday is Jade Sapphire Cashmere in vintage rose color. It's a wee bit expensive though.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? As far as mitts, again I'm really feeling the two color "fair isle" mittens.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? See above

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? I'm gonna go with my Cascade 200. I'm pretty plain (in a good way) but practical and soft.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Not a big chocolate fan. Love gummy anything.

What's your favorite animal? Piggies!

Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts? At this point I really need something warmer, but there's always room for another pair of fingerless mitts too.

If you were a color what color would you be? Hm, I'd say I'm a combo of pink and brown. I have a very girly side (and obviously love pink), but in reality I'm a pretty simple girl. I don't dress up much and don't NEED to be girly at all times.


What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Right now I'm really inspired by the lovely autumn leaves. I think the characteristics of the different seasons really inspire me.

Do you have a wishlist? Not really.


0 comments:







Post a Comment